“I totally know why you have so many people signed up….. It is the best, most sensible, enjoyable marathon training program in the world.”
- If you have a group waiting for you, you’ll get out of bed on numerous days you wouldn’t.
- You’ll get as much out of giving support to others, as in receiving it
- A group will pull you along when you’re struggling, and hold you back when you’re feeling too good
Running is more fun when running together, as each member is motivated to run more often, and stay injury free. As you share stories, (gossip, issues) and pull one another along, the miles go by much more quickly. Lifelong friendships are formed in these mission-oriented, but laid back groups.
In each of our locations, pace groups are set up according to current fitness level. A pace group leader keeps the speed slow enough for all members, and enforces walk breaks from the beginning to the end.
Participants in our fitness walking program
- Learn proper walking form and technique
- Gain encouragement and support
- Train for a walker-friendly race
- Receive a copy of Walking The Complete Book
- as well as the other benefits listed below
Members of the Galloway Training Program receive:
- A group to run around with – in all kinds of weather
- A training program/schedule to lead you to your goal
- Jeff Galloway’s book GALLOWAY TRAINING PROGRAMS, the most comprehensive book on training for 26.2 and 13.1
- Direct email connection to Jeff Galloway (training members receive priority response)
- A Galloway Training technical shirt
- Discounts at Jeff’s Tahoe Retreats and Running Schools
- Other Galloway groups to train with when you’re visiting other cities (more than 45 cities)
- A one-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine, or a one-year add on to your current subscription (Marathon Training Program members only)
- The chance to purchase a race number for the (often) sold-out Marine Corps Marathon
- Lots of support and camaraderie!