Jeff Galloway is a world-class athlete. As a member of the 1972 Olympic team, Jeff competed against the world’s best athletes in Europe, Africa, and the former Soviet Union. He broke the U.S. 10-mile record (47:49) in 1973 and has a six-mile best of 27:21. His victories include the Peachtree Road Race, Honolulu Marathon and the Atlanta Marathon. He’s also a top finisher in many prominent U.S. races including the Boston Marathon.
- US Olympian, 1972, 10,000 meters (also an alternate on the marathon team)
- Trained with Steve Prefontaine, Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Amby Burfoot, Jack Bacheler
- Author of North America’s best selling running book: Galloway’s Book on Running
- Runner’s World monthly columnist
- Official Training Consultant for runDisney series of races- with video clips and training programs on this site
- Founder of the Run-Walk-Run® method- opened up running to millions
- Founder and owner of Phidippides–the oldest running specialty store (since 1973)
- Producer of the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk & Fitness Program in Atlanta- which has enrolled 20,000 participants
- Coached ESPN and MSNBC segments with celebrity runners Sage Steele and Megan Price
- Jeff has run for over 50 years, over thirty of those without injury.
- Over 350,000 runners and walkers have reported achieving their goals by using Galloway Training Programs.
- In December 2013, Jeff Qualified for Boston by running 30 seconds and walking 15 seconds.
- Inaugural Jeff Galloway Half Marathon announced February 2014. Race Date – Sunday, December 14, 2014 – Atlanta, GA.
– See more at: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/